Monday, September 21, 2009

No-Frills, Old-Fashioned Meatloaf

Here's one for the kids. Simple meatloaf with no scary ingredients. Even my kid loves this (that says a lot!).

1 to 1 1/2 pounds hamburger*
1 cup crushed Saltine crumbs
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 small onion, diced (appx. 1/4 c)
1 clove garlic, munched in the garlic press
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t salt
1/2 t dry mustard
1/4 t pepper

Saute the onion and garlic in oil (I use olive) until soft.
Mix all ingredients (incl. the onion/garlic). Spread into a foil lined loaf pan.
Cook uncovered in a 350 degree oven until done, about 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with plenty of ketchup.

*The recipe calls for 1 1/2 lbs, but I use 1 lb because I have a tiny family that hates leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. Yippeee! Greg asked me to make meatloaf, but I am tired of my old recipe.....so.....great timing.

    ReplyDelete